According to statistics, one in five students become a victim of crime while studying at Colleges, Language Schools or Universities. So be aware of it by protecting your valuables following our advice.
Protect Your Valuables
- Pick-pocketing is a problem in most cities (specially in clubs), so please be careful.
- Leave your passport and other valuables at home, keep your student card as a form of ID.
- Keep your valuables cautiously and don’t tell other students about it
- Keep your dorm room always secure
- Use the buddy system by being in touch with groups
- Watch your utterances on social media
- Disclose your whereabouts to close friends
- Store all emergency phone numbers
- Report any strange sight to staff
- Avoid disclosing personal details to strangers
For further information, check the NUS website security advice page: